[Debian-olpc-devel] python-hippocanvas fails to install (Re: Sugar working now on Sid and Lenny!

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Mar 30 23:34:16 UTC 2008

package: python-hippocanvas
version: 0.2.23-2.1
severity: serious

Hi,

On Saturday 22 March 2008 06:54, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I have now finally succeeded in making the core Sugar packages work.
> There's a bug still needed to be fixed for the official packages to work
> on their own, which also means the packages are not moving to testing
> yet, so for now one of the following is still needed:

Using the packages from sid, installing python-hippocanvas fails, see
http://paste.debian.net/52196

Mainly:

Setting up python-hippocanvas (0.2.23-2.1) ...
file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/hippo.a
file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/hippo.la
pycentral: pycentral pkginstall: error byte-compiling files (2)
pycentral pkginstall: error byte-compiling files (2)
dpkg: error processing python-hippocanvas (--configure):

Settings this to serious as it makes the package quite unusable :-)

> deb http://debian.jones.dk/ sid sugar

I see the same problem, but I get sugar-cairo, but none of the four other
sugar packages currently in NEW :-)

> Install the package "sugar" and its recommendations, and from a terminal
> start "sugar-emulator".

No luck so far getting so far :)

> Please file bugreports!

Doing so now :)