[Debian-olpc-devel] sugar debian stuff

Andres Salomon dilinger at queued.net
Sat Nov 29 22:14:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:01:04 +0100
Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

[...]
> It seems to me that you are asking for me to engage in work specific
> to DebXO. I see no benefit for using my time there compared to using
> my time on packaging for Debian - reusable for any and all derivative
> as well.
>

> >> P.S.
> >>
> >> Please follow-up to the Alioth list rather than privately:
> >> debian-olpc-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> >
> >It is generally poor form to CC a mailing list quoting a private
> >email unless you've asked if it's okay.
>
> Yeah. Especially if reveiling any details needing discretion. Of
> which I found none in this concrete case.
>
> Poor form to post privately about public activities too. Especially
> if your post contains nothing needing discretion.

I'm telling you this because it's considered rude to do that.  If someone
sends you something in private, they may find it offensive when you publicize
their words without their permission.  Sort of how I might say "it's rude
to pick your nose at the dinner table".

> I actively avoid keeping/creating secrets. My alternatives would thus
> be to either a) request you to repost somewhere public or b) not
> respond at all. I shall do my best only to use those options for you
> in the future.

Don't worry, I will be sure not to contact you in the future.  It is
clear that you have some kind of chip on your shoulder, and are not worth
working with.  Thanks for answering regarding your plans for sugar in
Lenny, though.