[Debian-olpc-devel] Focusing on sugar-jhbuild

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Tue Mar 10 12:24:16 UTC 2009

Dear Jonas, Holger et al.!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm focusing on sugar-jhbuild (i.e.
not native Debian packages) for now.
While I really like the Sugar developers and think they're very
enthusiastic (which is quite important, but not sufficient), IMO Sugar
currently is far from being stable (in a broad sense).
Before actually trying it out (i.e. from reading the web pages about
it), Sugar looked like a mature product to me. But now it seems much
more like a (great) proof of concept.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/