[Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Mar 30 09:31:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:24:21AM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>Can you and I work together to document the process more clearly for
>others? There is great confusion about how to package Sugar activities
>for Debian.

I suggest discussing this openly here at the mailinglist dedicated for
Debian Sugar packaging: debian-olpc-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

[reply-to set accordingly]

And I suggest to maintain such documentation at the Debian wiki.

Attached is the README.source that will accompany future releases of
currently packaged Sugar packages for Debian.  That file documents the
packaging mechanisms and tools used, but deliberately does not teach
*how* to use them, only refer to the various separate documentation.

The README.source file is maintained at
git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/cdbs-skel

(the branch git+git+tarball+quilt+misc is used with Sugar packages)

Kind regards,

 - Jonas