[Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:51:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:24:21AM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>>
>> Can you and I work together to document the process more clearly for
>> others? There is great confusion about how to package Sugar activities for
>> Debian.
>
> I suggest discussing this openly here at the mailinglist dedicated for
> Debian Sugar packaging: debian-olpc-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> [reply-to set accordingly]

Thanks, Jonas.

> And I suggest to maintain such documentation at the Debian wiki.

Fine. We can link to it from Sugar Labs.

Would Debian packagers be interested in helping with an introduction
to packaging, to be published through FLOSS Manuals?

> Attached is the README.source that will accompany future releases of
> currently packaged Sugar packages for Debian.  That file documents the
> packaging mechanisms and tools used, but deliberately does not teach *how*
> to use them, only refer to the various separate documentation.
>
> The README.source file is maintained at
> git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/cdbs-skel
>
> (the branch git+git+tarball+quilt+misc is used with Sugar packages)

I was just going to ask you for that. Thanks again.

> Kind regards,
>
> - Jonas
>
> --
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)