[Debian-olpc-devel] Restructuring Git structure (Was: Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity )

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Mar 30 23:05:51 UTC 2009

Hi Jonas,

On Dienstag, 31. März 2009, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I see no reason to subgroup Sugar packages.

My reason is that I'd find it easier to add new packages. Creating a new
directory in an existing repository to me feels like a lower barrier than
introducing a new repo just to try something out / to get started.

And lowering (perceived) barriers is IMO needed for packaging sugar. That
said, I'll trust your judgement here, as I'm confident you want that too :-)
(It could just be that you dont see some barriers as high as it's simple for
you..)

> It might even break some
> Git assumptions (e.g. gitweb) if not following what seems to me to be
> the basic structure: <accessgroup>/<git_repository>

I guess I don't know git well enough, but can it work with a another
subdirectory?

regards,
	Holger