[Debian-olpc-devel] lenny (debian.jones.dk): broken metacity

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Nov 6 16:39:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 05:24:41PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 05:08:21PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
>>You should be able to install sugar-0.86 now!
>Yep, installs (thanks!), but doesn't run:

>"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/model/bundleregistry.py",
>line 23, in <module>
>     import gio
>ImportError: No module named gio

Ahh, lacks a dependency on python-gobject (which contains gio.so).

...and a backport of that package for Lenny :-P

>IIRC that was the reason I stopped trying to run sugar-jhbuild in
>lenny... :-/

well, in principle sugar-jhbuild, jhconvert or whatever other packaging
method should work too, as long as the tedious work of digging out all
the dependencies is done properly.

Currently I do that manually: read all(!) code looking for imports and
execution of non-python code.

If anyone knows about a tool to extract all "import" statements in
Python code, I would much appreciate it!

  - Jonas