[Debian-olpc-devel] Read / Write (was: Re: Status of Sugar in debian.)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Sun Oct 25 12:35:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:52:16AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Read needs a shared library from Evince (if I recall correctly, I
> haven't looked much at that yet).
>
> Write needs a shared library from Abiword. Please note that it is
> *not*  as simple as just enabling in the Abiword build process: Debian
> runs on  multiple architectures, some of which demanding careful
> handling of  compile flags for shared libraries - which the current
> upstream Abiword  build routines do *not* implement properly.

Are there some wiki pages / tickets / whatever describing what needs to
be done to evince and abiword to make them suitable and what the issues
are with that?

I'd like to recommend distro-packaged Sugar on Debian to users
(especially for "non-mainstream" architectures like ARM/PPC/MIPS), but
without Read and Write it's still crippled (but thanks for all the work
so far!). :-/

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/