[Debian-olpc-devel] Read / Write (was: Re: Status of Sugar in debian.)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Oct 25 12:57:22 UTC 2009

Hi Sascha,

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 01:35:17PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:52:16AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
>>Read needs a shared library from Evince (if I recall correctly, I
>>haven't looked much at that yet).
>>
>>Write needs a shared library from Abiword. Please note that it is
>>*not*  as simple as just enabling in the Abiword build process:
>>Debian runs on  multiple architectures, some of which demanding
>>careful handling of  compile flags for shared libraries - which the
>>current upstream Abiword  build routines do *not* implement
>>properly.
>
>Are there some wiki pages / tickets / whatever describing what needs
>to be done to evince and abiword to make them suitable and what the
>issues are with that?

Not much.  There is bug#512777 for the Abiword issue, but without much
detail.  I'll post my info on that after this email.

Please do update the Debian and Sugarlabs wiki pages to refer to that
bugreport - similar to the now solved metacity issue that I noticed you
cleaned up today, thanks!

I can't seem to find any info on the Read showstopper.  Perhaps it has
been solved by now, and someone (me :-( ) just needs to revisit the Read
packaging.

Thanks for raising awareness of these important showstoppers.

  - Jonas