[Debian-olpc-devel] Read / Write

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Oct 25 15:10:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 03:37:38PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 01:57:22PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>I can't seem to find any info on the Read showstopper.  Perhaps it
>>has     been solved by now, and someone (me :-( ) just needs to
>>revisit the Read  packaging.
>I now remember that I switched sugar-jhbuild to the evince Debian
>packages some time ago, so it should Just Work (TM). Sorry for not
>mentioning it before.

I now found it: What have lacked in the past was python-evince, which
was included in souce package gnome-python-desktop since version
2.26.0-1 released 10 Jun 2009.

>On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 01:21:29PM +0000, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
>[Abiword]
>>I think the shared library stuff has been rewritten for the next
>>release, due out in a few days.
>Sounds great! Do you know more about when it's going to get released?

Sounds interesting indeed.

The repackaging work for Debian is needed anyway, I believe: I will not
work on the package with its current packaging design, and the main
maintainer, Masayuki Hatta, is not very active in Debian at the moment
(I "helped" improve ghostscript packaging too during the last year, but
in reality I have been the only one working on that package all through
that time).

So I suspect it will take some time (or funding? but it's really hard to
handle money in this equation) before libabiword is in Debian.

  - Jonas