[Debian-olpc-devel] sugar-terminal-activity troubles

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Jul 1 16:44:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 12:04:53PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:

>I've been working to package sugar-terminal-activity, and am almost
>finished.

Great!

>However, when I attempt to build the package, it builds as
>debian-native, despite having used[1] pristine-tar on git-import-orig
>and in debian/gbp.conf.
>
>Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Git repository looks odd - no tags.  Did you perhaps forget to do a "git
push --tags"?

An unlrelated bug I discovered is that you build-depend on the virtual
package python-sugar-toolkit which works for pbuilder but not buildd -
and more importantly is a Debian Policy violation: You need to instead
build-depend on a real package (and optionally add a fallback on the
virtual package, which is recommended as it will ease backporting):

Build-Depends: [...], python-sugar-toolkit-0.88 | python-sugar-toolkit

>[1]:
>http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/sugar-terminal-activity.git;a=tree;h=8e659ca2708db490f146dc874c9d27f3da99f56d;hb=8e659ca2708db490f146dc874c9d27f3da99f56d

Above is a URL to a specific Git commit.  In situations like this you
can use the shorter and nicer looking URL generally for the Git
repository, by simply stripping the trailing options:

http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/sugar-terminal-activity.git

  - Jonas