[Debian-olpc-devel] Review of sugar-connect-activity

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Mon Jul 12 17:13:48 UTC 2010

Kandarp,

On 07/10/2010 05:11 AM, Kandarp Kaushik wrote:
> I've pushed the updated connect-activity. Please review it whenever
> you find time.

Review based off commit 8abd233.

I did make some changes, so you'll need to pull in my commits before you
get working on this to avoid a merge conflict.

As before, run "debuild clean" before committing your changes if you've
built the package. I ran the rule and it removed a number of files in
debian/. (git commit bebca9c)

What follows are a list of items I found but did not correct. Please do
so and commit each fix you implement separately.

 * debian/copyright:
   - Your copyright file is good, but some of the entries are redundant.
"game.py" is listed twice in separate entries. Moreover, "game.py",
"buddiespanel.py", "gridwidget.py", "infopanel.py", and "widgettest.py"
could all be collapsed into one entry:

        Files: buddiespanel.py, game.py, gridwidget.py, infopanel.py,
widgettest.py
        Copyright: © 2007 One Laptop Per Child
        License: GPL-2+

 * debian/docs:
   - This package does not contain lesson plans, therefore your entry of
"lessons/" in docs causes the package to Fail To Build From Source.
(FTBFS) I've attached the build log for your review.

  * debian/watch:
    - If you cannot find a URL to download the upstream source tarballs,
this file should be removed.

  * debian/source/format:
    - Your package should declare it is using the "3.0 (quilt)" source
package format. See
<http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0#Howtoconvertasourcepackage.3F> for
more

  * debian/source/include-binaries:
    - When you convert to quilt as I mentioned above, you'll need to do
"echo debian/copyright_hints >> debian/source/include-binaries" so that
dpkg-source won't balk at the binary contents of debian/copyright_hints.

Thanks for your work,
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc/