[Debian-olpc-devel] Review of sugar-slidepuzzle-activity

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Mon Jul 12 15:55:03 UTC 2010

Ankur,

Review based off commit 1da183a.

Just FYI, in your ITP at <http://bugs.debian.org/588437>, you don't need
to include the entire `debian/copying` file, just "GPL-2+" would suffice :)

I did make some changes, so you'll need to pull in my commits before you
get working on this to avoid a merge conflict.

What follows are a list of items I found but did not correct. Please do
so and commit each fix you implement separately.

 * debian/control.in:
   - You do not have a package description beyond the template "Sugar is
a graphical user interface aimed at children.". Please add to the end a
suitable description for the package, such as one sourced from
<http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/slider-puzzle-branch>. When you do
so, remember to wrap the lines at 72 chars.
   - Update Standards-Version to 3.9.0, the latest version. Review the
<http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/upgrading-checklist.txt> to
verify your package does not need any changes.
   - Homepage should point to the wiki page of the activity, not the
Sugar home page.
   - The convention for "Depends:" listing follows that of the English
language. Please reword depends so that it's "item1, item2, item3,
item4, item5" rather than "item1, item2, item3 ,item4,item5".

 * debian/copyright:
   - Activity name is misspelled in the "Name:" field.
   - Include © and the year for all copyright owners.
   - In the "*" rule, also mention the current maintainer, Aleksey Lim.
   - Your list of items belonging to the World Wide Workshop is
incomplete according to the CDBS copyright checker. Please review
debian/copyright_hints as well as the files themselves to ensure you've
included everything you need.

  * debian/watch:
    - If you cannot find a URL to download the upstream source tarballs,
this file should be removed.

  * debian/source/format:
    - Your package should declare it is using the "3.0 (quilt)" source
package format. See
<http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0#Howtoconvertasourcepackage.3F> for
more

  * debian/source/include-binaries:
    - When you convert to quilt as I mentioned above, you'll need to do
"echo debian/copyright_hints >> debian/source/include-binaries" so that
dpkg-source won't balk at the binary contents of debian/copyright_hints.

Thanks for your work,
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc