[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar 0.88

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Mar 30 13:47:06 UTC 2010

Hi Sascha (and others),

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 01:59:06PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>I just wanted to install Sugar 0.88 from Debian packages (for a
>minimal installation on an SD card), but it seems the Glucose
>packages are outdated and the version-specific activities (Browse,
>Chat, Read) don't have a 0.88 "branch" yet...
>Any chance to see updated packages (preferably 0.88.0 as released
>today - contains important bug fixes) soon?

I am working on updating libraries now (sugar done, sugar-core almost
done, the rest needs a little more work).  Official inclusion into
Debian will be dealyed due to physical problems with a Debian server
(have been down several days now - I have no ETA).

Since you bring it up, I will make sure to update at least the unstable
branch at debian.jones.dk - maybe others too if I find the time.

I did not branch activities as I was unsure if they needed branching:
they are not (or was not last I checked) branched upstream, so maybe the
current release cover multiple branches (which my packaging should be
able to cover elegantly - we'll see if it does in practice).

I will look at the activities when I have finished packaging the
libraries.  Perhaps later today, but no promise.

  - Jonas