[Debian-olpc-devel] abort-on-upstream-changes in debian/source/local-options

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Oct 14 19:21:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 09:06:38PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>It seems "abort-on-upstream-changes" has recently been added to
>debian/source/local-options.

Correct.  That was applied as that seems (in discussions at the Debian
multimedia team) to be the sanest way for dpkg source format 3.0 and
git-buildpackage to work together.

>This causes my snapshot packages build scripts [1,2] to fail (because
>I'm shipping upstream changes since the last release tarball as part of
>the Debian diff). Is there a way to override this setting without
>modifying debian/source/local-options (which is a tracked file, so I'd
>prefer not to touch it locally)?
>
>Or would you recommend some other way of handling the upstream changes?

Best would be to ship such changes as a patch below debian/patches.

Second-best is probably to build using git-buildpackage options
--git-export-dir and --git-prebuild - the latter pointing to some script
which strips the local-options file during build.

  - Jonas