[Debian-olpc-devel] abort-on-upstream-changes in debian/source/local-options

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Thu Oct 14 20:50:08 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Jonas Smedegaard's message of Thu Oct 14 21:21:53 +0200 2010:

> >Or would you recommend some other way of handling the upstream changes?
>
> Best would be to ship such changes as a patch below debian/patches.

Hmm, that would require significant changes. Currently I'm simply
pulling from upstream and let git handle all the hard work.

> Second-best is probably to build using git-buildpackage options
> --git-export-dir and --git-prebuild - the latter pointing to some script
> which strips the local-options file during build.

Sounds complicated and somewhat resource intensive.
But maybe this is the best solution, including doing the re-autofoo
stuff in the copy. That would avoid having to write my own merge
strategy [1]. The autofoo files are included in the source package,
so the exact copies used during building would still be available.

Thanks!

Sascha

[1] http://marc.info/?t=128544792900005&r=1&w=2
--