[Debian-olpc-devel] md5sum mismatch for sugar-0.89.1.tar.bz2

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Sep 23 23:13:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:16:43PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>After checking out a fresh copy of the "sugar" collab-maint git repo
>[1], "debian/rules get-orig-source" downloads sugar-0.89.1.tar.bz2 and
>fails due to mismatching md5sums:
[snip]
>I'm a bit puzzled. Why does it download 0.89.1? And why does it expect
>the md5sum of 0.89.7 for the 0.89.1 tarball?

The reason is that I imported 0.89.7 and tagged it, but then got
distracted[1] before updating the changelog.

get-orig-source pulls the "current" source tarball based on latest
changelog entry, and verifies against checksum in debian/rules, so those
need to match.  I have wanted to instead keep a separate version +
checksum list, but haven't taken the time yet to implement it - that
would have avoided this kind of issue.

Changelog updated now, so get-orig-source should work properly.

Thanks for noticing!

  - Jonas

[1] What disctracted me was that I discovered the CDBS sugar snippet is
broken regarding expansion of more than two activities.  I tried to fix
it but it couldn't figure it out... :-(