[Debian-olpc-devel] How to build for XO1 and XO1.5 ?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 12 21:53:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 11:50:10AM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> This is just exploratory research but is there a recommended path to
> building a distributable debian image for XO1 and XO1.5 ?

Not distributable by Debian conventions [1], but the best method I've
used is similar to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Debian_Jessie_on_XO which
builds a system with debootstrap and then adds kernel, wireless
firmware, boot script, and swap file.  I use a similar method for
building Ubuntu with Sugar for manufacturing.

Footnote:

1.  because software licenses are not fully traced, and because it is
not scripted to be easily reproducible; much copy and paste.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/