[Debian-olpc-devel] How to build for XO1 and XO1.5 ?

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sat Mar 18 14:35:50 UTC 2017

Quoting Sebastian Silva (2017-03-18 13:49:56)
> Thanks for your answer James, always so helpful!
>
> I've decided I don't have the time to pursue this as I don't have an
> immediate use for it, except living in a country with many many XOs and
> hoping children will use them with modern software.
>
> I have been playing with debian-live for non-XO hardware and it works on
> emulation but not on real hardware. That's a different topic for a
> different list.

For the record I believe it _is_ possible to build legally distributable
Debian-derived images for XO laptops, and I am interested in doing it.

I just don't want to use this mailinglist, that's all.  Anyone
interested in nudging me and feeding me wishlist requests for the
contents of such images in more detail, please use the plg-sugar list
instead.

 - Jonas