[Debian-pan-maintainers] Debian package of bornagain

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Wed Sep 2 15:42:58 BST 2015

Hello Marina,

> thank you for contacting us. One can create BornAgain debian package
> already now (run cmake -DBUILD_DEBIAN=ON, make, cpack). This package has
> been minimally tested under Debian Jessie.  We could provide and
> maintain an official BornAgain debian package. However, we have no
> experience of integrating packages in official debian repositories,
> therefore it will take some time to learn.

Since you are using cmake, I do not thinks that it should be a big deal.
here is a nice quick manual[1] which you can use to create a proper debian package.
As you can see this is most of the time just about 5 files in a debian directory.

If you need more information do not hesitate to contact us on the debian-pan-maintainers mailing list.
We usually use mentors[é] in order to work on the packaging review process.

I would be really glade to help you for this first package.

Cheers

Frederic

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging
[2] http://mentors.debian.net/