[Debian-ports-devel] qtbase-opensource-src BD-Uninstallable on Ports

Michael Cree mcree at orcon.net.nz
Mon Nov 2 09:28:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:15:27AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Does anybody know why qtbase-opensource-src is BD-Uninstallable for
> so many port architectures? [1] The database claims that libpq-dev
> is missing. But it's there and should be provided by postgresql-9.4,
> however, clicking on "libpq-dev" leads to postgresql-8.4 which is
> no longer available.

It needs to be rebuilt against openssl.  The openssl transition has
started and presumably we have been hit by the usual problem on
debian-ports of the old libraries being tossed out before you can
say "crikey".

It might be worth finding out whether the release team plans to start
scheduling the openssl binNMUs soon.  If not, some strategic binNMUS on
the d-p ports would be in order to free packages up for building once
more.

Cheers
Michael.