[Debian-ports-devel] [lfilipoz at debian.org: scheduled downtime for Debian services at UBC (2016-01-09T16:00Z/20:00Z)]

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 10 23:05:27 UTC 2016

On 01/10/2016 11:29 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>> I don't say there isn't an issue, but it's not like it's failing from
>> everywhere either.

But I also didn't change a bit on my side either. And I would find it
rather unlikely that both the university in Hungary and my unversity
in Germany made simultanous changes to their networks that would break
the uploads.

I'm doing some manual uploads now with debugging enabled and iftop
running to see what's happening and it seems the connection is
just incredibly slow, around 50-150 k/s. Both Germany and Hungary
are much further away from leda than the machines in Japan, New
Zealand or the US. Maybe that's related?

> It doesn’t fail consistently either. My buildd (at GPLhost) occasionally
> sends me dupload errors, but the next retry or the one thereafter usual‐
> ly manages to get the packages uploaded just fine.
>
> It’s become rarer, though.

True, it seems to have improved a bit, although upload speeds are still
rather slow.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz