[Debian-ports-devel] p8-platform packages on debian-ports ????

Aurelien Jarno aurel32 at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 16:57:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-26 20:13, Michael Cree wrote:
> Aurelien,
>
> The p8-platform source package was built and installed on debian-ports
> on the 23/2 for alpha, hppa, ppc64, sparc64 (according to
> ftp.debian-ports.org/archice/log/install-2016-02-23.log), wanna-build is
> saying p8-platform is installed but I can't find the built binary packages
> at ftp.debian-ports.org (neither in the pool directories nor in the Packages
> file for Alpha) and source packages such as libcec are bd-uninstallable (for
> all of alpha, hppa, ppc64 and sparc64) because libp8-platform-dev built from
> p8-platform is not available.
>
> I am wondering what is going on.

For what I have found looking at the logs, it seems to happen for new
sources packages, and is caused by a race from the synchronisation with
the Debian archive:
- the package is accepted in the debian archive
- it appears in incoming.debian.org
- wanna-build mark it as needs-build
- it is built by the (fast) build daemons
- it is accepted in the debian-port archive
- archive-install runs on debian-ports and given the corresponding source
  package is not yet pushed on the mirrors, it is considered as a
  removal and remove from the archive

I'll try to think about a solution, but this is not something obvious.
One workaround that comes to my mind is to stop building source packages
from incoming.debian.org, but that will introduce up to 6 hour delay.

Aurelien

aurelien at aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net