[Debian-ports-devel] p8-platform packages on debian-ports ????

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 18:19:44 UTC 2016

On 26.04.2016 18:57, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On 2016-04-26 20:13, Michael Cree wrote:
>> Aurelien,
>>
>> The p8-platform source package was built and installed on debian-ports
>> on the 23/2 for alpha, hppa, ppc64, sparc64 (according to
>> ftp.debian-ports.org/archice/log/install-2016-02-23.log), wanna-build is
>> saying p8-platform is installed but I can't find the built binary packages
>> at ftp.debian-ports.org (neither in the pool directories nor in the Packages
>> file for Alpha) and source packages such as libcec are bd-uninstallable (for
>> all of alpha, hppa, ppc64 and sparc64) because libp8-platform-dev built from
>> p8-platform is not available.
>>
>> I am wondering what is going on.
>
> For what I have found looking at the logs, it seems to happen for new
> sources packages, and is caused by a race from the synchronisation with
> the Debian archive:
> - the package is accepted in the debian archive
> - it appears in incoming.debian.org
> - wanna-build mark it as needs-build
> - it is built by the (fast) build daemons
> - it is accepted in the debian-port archive
> - archive-install runs on debian-ports and given the corresponding source
>   package is not yet pushed on the mirrors, it is considered as a
>   removal and remove from the archive

Yes, that sounds like it is now.

> I'll try to think about a solution, but this is not something obvious.
> One workaround that comes to my mind is to stop building source packages
> from incoming.debian.org, but that will introduce up to 6 hour delay.

It seems the (fast) debian-ports build daemons mostly start building packages
even before the non-port buildds start. This sometimes seem to create problems
as well, because sometimes (I assume) other dependent packages are not available
then either. That said, having some kind of delay for the debian-ports buildds
don't sound like a bad thing for me. 6 hours is a little too much though :-(

Helge
because