[Debian-ports-devel] debian-ports archive moving

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 30 17:21:07 UTC 2016

Hi!

On 05/30/2016 07:14 PM, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
> Yes, it sounds to be good idea.

Great to hear that we all agree :-).

> Quite honestly, because alpha, hppa, ppc64, sparc64 are already with GHCi and
> similar haskell packages can be built, I think that it should be "best"
> that haskell binNMU of ghc bootstraped debian-ports architectures is ordered by haskell team
> at the same and convenient time of official ports with a similar binNMU message,
> just as it is done in non-haskell packages.
>
> If debian-ports binNMU ordered by haskell team is difficult,
> I think that we needs to do binNMU each other in debian-ports team.

I have talked to Joachim (nometa) regarding this and he says the problem is that
ports architectures are not available in projectb [1] which is extensively used
in the scripts that he uses to trigger the binNMUs.

Therefore, I am not sure whether he or the Haskell team in general would be
willing to use the script that Michael has written, but we can ask them in
any case.

What we can do now, however, is asking Aurelien to give us all wanna-build
access to all ports architectures since we have agreed on this to share
the workload among each other.

@Aurelien:

Could you grant wanna-build access to all ports architectures for:

- Hiroyuki Yamamoto
- Michael Cree
- Helge Deller
- John Paul Adrian Glaubitz

If anyone else on this list is reading and want to join, please let us know!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org