[Debian-ports-devel] debian-ports archive moving

John David Anglin dave.anglin at bell.net
Mon May 30 20:17:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-30 3:41 PM, Helge Deller wrote:
> On 30.05.2016 19:21, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 05/30/2016 07:14 PM, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
>>> Yes, it sounds to be good idea.
>> Great to hear that we all agree :-).
>>
>>> Quite honestly, because alpha, hppa, ppc64, sparc64 are already with GHCi and
>>> similar haskell packages can be built, I think that it should be "best"
>>> that haskell binNMU of ghc bootstraped debian-ports architectures is ordered by haskell team
>>> at the same and convenient time of official ports with a similar binNMU message,
>>> just as it is done in non-haskell packages.
>>>
>>> If debian-ports binNMU ordered by haskell team is difficult,
>>> I think that we needs to do binNMU each other in debian-ports team.
>> I have talked to Joachim (nometa) regarding this and he says the problem is that
>> ports architectures are not available in projectb [1] which is extensively used
>> in the scripts that he uses to trigger the binNMUs.
>>
>> Therefore, I am not sure whether he or the Haskell team in general would be
>> willing to use the script that Michael has written, but we can ask them in
>> any case.
>>
>> What we can do now, however, is asking Aurelien to give us all wanna-build
>> access to all ports architectures since we have agreed on this to share
>> the workload among each other.
>>
>> @Aurelien:
>>
>> Could you grant wanna-build access to all ports architectures for:
>>
>> - Hiroyuki Yamamoto
>> - Michael Cree
>> - Helge Deller
>> - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
>>
>> If anyone else on this list is reading and want to join, please let us know!
> I think
> 	John David Anglin <dave.anglin at bell.net>
> should be added too. He triggered most of the rebuilds for haskell packages on hppa/parisc.
> Dave, is that OK for you ?
I'm not sure.  My time is limited and I don't think I have time to
research haskell binNMUs on
other architectures  On hppa, I tend to trigger rebuilds without doing
any research as to why
any given haskell package is missing.  Some people don't like the lack
of info in the rebuild comment.

I also worry that the timing of binNMUs will vary from one arch to another.

I'm sure the script will be very helpful.  Could it run as a cron job
and email results?  That
would save considerable time.

Dave

John David Anglin  dave.anglin at bell.net