[Debian-ports-devel] debian-ports archive moved (buildds details)

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Sun Jun 12 20:03:47 UTC 2016

On 28.05.2016 17:25, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On 2016-05-28 14:09, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> Following the debian-ports archive move, here are details of changes
>> which need to be done on the build daemons.
>>
>> - The sources.list file needs to be updated to point to the new archive:
>>     deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian unstable main
>>     deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian unreleased main
>>   and for experimental:
>>     deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian experimental main
>
> As pointed out on the other mail, the correct lines are:
>
> for unstable:
>   deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable main
>   deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
> and for experimental:
>   deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports experimental main

FYI -

I just noticed, that since the debian-ports archive moved,
this needs adjustment in the lsb-release package as well, otherwise
the codename for debian-ports architectures will not report "sid".
You can test yourself, it should report:

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        unstable
Codename:       sid

For that I opened https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=827137

The python-escript package is one package which fails due to that change:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=python-escript&suite=sid

Helge