[Debian-ppc64-devel] IBM power5 520 issues

Enrique de la Torre Gordaliza enrique@sunipx1.dacya.ucm.es
Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:25:40 +0200

--=-OJDTeF4cISoI4T1Bg0Wl

Hello,

I'm new to this list. One week ago we bought a p520 IBM server. We use
debian on all our computers and wanted to try the pure64 port.

We have installed debian pcc64 from a Redhat installation using
cdebootstrap. No way to install from any d-i, and we could not create a
DFS iso (we didnt spend so much time to solve it and just used
cdebootstrap). as any of you make it work?

Once installed, we had to use the RedHat yaboot utility to install new
kernels. Now we are running a 2.6.12.2 configured just for this p520. If
you need the configuration just mail me. is yaboot being upstream
patched?

Also, we cant run 32 bit applications and cant find libc6-powerpc
package. We tried installing and using linux32

ii  lib32gcc1                      4.0.0-9.0.0.1.gcc4
ii  lib32stdc++6                   4.0.0-9.0.0.1.gcc4
ii  linux32                        1-3

and modifying /etc/ld.so.conf to /usr/lib32 and it didn't work. Any
solution?

We also found some md5 problems at repository:

Failed to fetch
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/l/lvm-common/lvm-commo=
n_1.5.19_ppc64.deb  MD5Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/t/tcl8.3/tcl8.3_8.3.5-=
4_ppc64.deb  MD5Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/t/tcl8.3/tcl8.3-dev_8.=
3.5-4_ppc64.deb  MD5Sum mismatch

That's all I can remember from the first installation. If you need some
help (d-i or DFS building, package compilation, etc) just mail me.

				Thanks in advance

						Enrique

--=20
Enrique de la Torre Gordaliza  =20
Departamento de Arquitectura de Computadores y Autom=E1tica
Facultad de CC. F=EDsicas, UCM
Av. Complutense s/n C.P:28040=20

email: enrique@sunipx1.dacya.ucm.es
tlfn: 913944389