[Debian-ppc64-devel] Status of archive on debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org?

Andrew Baumann andrewb at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Jul 31 04:56:57 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've been using the debian-ppc64 distribution at
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4 on a Power4 for several months,
but although there is still an autobuilder running it doesn't seem that
anyone is actively working on the port any more. Is that true?

There have been a couple of posts to the list about MD5Sum problems, and for
the last few weeks I've been continually seeing errors like:
Failed to fetch
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/a/apt/apt-utils_0.5.28.6.0.0.1.gcc4_ppc64.deb
Size mismatch
Failed to fetch
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4/pool/main/a/aptitude/aptitude_0.2.15.9-2.0.0.1.gcc4_ppc64.deb
Size mismatch
(etc. for many packages).

Is this project dead? Maybe it would be good if someone updated the READ_ME
file.

Andrew