[Debian-ppc64-devel] Debian running on a pSeries 6E4 - almost

Cajus Pollmeier cajus@naasa.net
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:04:52 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 09:10 schrieben Sie:
> On Jun/01, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> > My repository keeps a snapshot of sarge with some modifications for
> > yaboot, installer packages, etc. You can easily switch to normal
> > ppc32 code. I will update the stuff after sarge is released, so we
> > can re-check for iseries compatibility.
>
> 	Aha, I think I understand. Is there any list of the modifications you
> did? I wanted to create a LiveCD for pSeries, and I suppose it'll need the
> modifications you did.

Most of the stuff is back in the debian-installer SVN. I haven't monitored
these changes for some time, since I had other things todo.

Will have to look on the build host here. For the main distribution you need
the replaced yaboot package. I was not able to get the changes into upstream,
because Ethan Benson still hesitates to introduce them. I don't know what his
problems actualy are.

Second you need the kernel packages, of course. As said above I don't know the
state of the installer packages. They need to include the changes to recognise
the kernel, etc. Hopefully sarge will be released soon, we can work on a new
image, then.

I'd like to build install CD's, too. But I haven't figured out how this works.

Cheers,
Cajus