[Debian-ppc64-devel] Debian running on a pSeries 6E4 - almost

Sven Luther sven.luther@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:08:26 +0200

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:51:38AM +0200, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:
> On Jun/02, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>
> > Most of the stuff is back in the debian-installer SVN. I haven't monitored
> > these changes for some time, since I had other things todo.
>
> 	Ok, note taken.
>
> > Second you need the kernel packages, of course. As said above I don't know the
> > state of the installer packages. They need to include the changes to recognise
> > the kernel, etc. Hopefully sarge will be released soon, we can work on a new
> > image, then.
>
> 	I think I'll wait until that, then. Thanks for the explanations :-)
>
> > I'd like to build install CD's, too. But I haven't figured out how this works.
>
> 	Well, neither have I. But there are a couple packages (bootcd and
> dfsbuild) that should do the trick. I'm trying them to see what I can get done
> :-)

debian-cd is the package doing this, but it is an obscure mess that almost
nobody fully understands. sarge will be released by next week or so, and we
will try to integrate as quickly as possible the biarch toolchain and migrate
the powerpc power3/4 kernels to be ppc64 only (maybe only two kernels, pseries
and legacy-iseries, and possible a power4 optimized version too).

Cajus, could you please test the kernel i announced lately
(http://people.debian.org/~luther/ppc64), and help fine tune the .config file
for it if needed ? I had only one (negative) report upto now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther