[Debian-ppc64-devel] Boot CD for ppc64 on IBM OpenPower 710/720

Harald Görl harald.goerl@rz.uni-augsburg.de
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:36:47 +0200

Sven Luther schrieb:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 06:43:32PM +0200, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>>Am Freitag, 10. Juni 2005 18:38 schrieb Sven Luther:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>Is it available in the sarge version already ? Cool then, i just need to
>>>add them to the .udebs. They will be in tomorrows build.
>>
>>pci.lst:        1069b166        scsi    ipr     Gemstone chipset SCSI
>>controller
>

> Its indeed there :
>
> $ grep 1069 /usr/share/discover/pci.lst
>         1069b166        scsi    ipr     Gemstone chipset SCSI controller
>
> and probably also in the .udebs ... Yes, it is.
>
> So, i don't understand why it doesn't work for Harald. Harald, can you comment
> a bit more on that, try the daily builds, and see what it gives ...

Hi,
i tried "d-i/2005-06-13/" from Sven's archive and that one is working as
expected.

> Mmm, probably he don't finds it, because they are being searched in the
> official archive and not on my place or something.

No, i had two versions from gonicus. Both of them have the problem with
the missing MATROX switch "CONFIG_FB_MATROX_G=y", but the latest is
working if i hide the Matrox within a partition. Also ipr is included. I
had no problem when using Sven's version from 2005-06-13.