[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Debian Linux is running in a POWER5 IBM iSeries (i5) model 9406-520

Harald Görl Harald.Goerl@RZ.Uni-Augsburg.DE
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:18:30 +0200

Hi again.

>>Harald, you said your system booted in a virtual LPAR,
>>  was that LPAR using real scsi ?
>>  or wat it using virtual scsi ?

Both of them are working. The dump i sent in my last mail was with using
real scsi (driver "ipr").

> Ok,; this is a bug in initrd-tools, and needs to be fixed.

For OpenPower 720 virtual SCSI we need the driver "ibmvscsic.ko" loaded
with initrd, perhaps the entry is missing as Sven wrote:

> Can you add the modules you need for your scsi device to /etc/mkinitrd/modules
> and rerun the kernel-iumage configuration (dpkg --reconfigure
> kernel-image-2.6.11-pseries) in the meantime, should solve your problem.

I agree, that's what i did. Sorry not to mention this, i forgot. For a
vio (scsi) server i have also an entry for "ibmvscsis.ko", but this is
only needed on one LPAR in a physical machine (the one serving physical
partitions/block devices/files to partitions without "real" SCSI hardware.

Hope this helps?

Harald