[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Debian Linux is running in a POWER5 IBM iSeries (i5) model 9406-520

Sven Luther sven.luther@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:56:31 +0200

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 04:36:54PM +0200, David Gaya wrote:
> Hi all,
> here is the output of my boot.
> Note that my system is not using real hardware, the kernel should
> detect it and load ibmvscsi module.
> See in the listing that my scsi is never detected, and the kernel can
> not start from disk.
>
> Harald, you said your system booted in a virtual LPAR,
>   was that LPAR using real scsi ?
>   or wat it using virtual scsi ?

Ok,; this is a bug in initrd-tools, and needs to be fixed.

Will look into that as time per,its.

Can you add the modules you need for your scsi device to /etc/mkinitrd/modules
and rerun the kernel-iumage configuration (dpkg --reconfigure
kernel-image-2.6.11-pseries) in the meantime, should solve your problem.

Can you put the generated initrd somewhere for me to look at ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther