[Debian-ppc64-devel] Status of debian ppc64?

Rafael Espíndola Rafael Espíndola
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:05:30 -0300

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:43:05 +0100, Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> wrote:

> The Debian ppc64 port is very new. It works fine on my Apple
> PowerMac G5. I heard that it also works on IBM machines.
I have it installed in a p615. Works fine but unfortunately I am no
longer using the machine very much :(

> About 80% of the Debian packages have been ported and are available in
> the ppc64 archive on alioth (http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4).
>
> I could not get an X server working yet. The debian-installer has been
> compiled, but there are no installation CDs yet.
I thing you will need Xorg 6.8. Previous version of X had their own
ELF loader and it didn't support ppc64. Xorg 6.8 uses dlopen.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hope I will have some time to help with the CDs....

> Regards
> Andreas Jochens

Rafael