[Debian-ppc64-devel] Call For Help - Please support the ppc64 architecture

Bastian Blank waldi@debian.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:31:11 +0100

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 09:46:36AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Have we any proper way of doing multiarch setups ? The "proper" way to
> do ppc64 is to have both archs libs and 32 bits userland for most
> things, as ppc64 native code is slightly slower.

The packages are waiting for some people.

> I have repeated that over and over again but it seems I have been
> ignored so far...

glibc 2.3.2 does not properly support powerpc64.

> Also make sure the compiler is biarch as the kernel build will soon
> require this.

Done.

Bastian

--=20
Our way is peace.
		-- Septimus, the Son Worshiper, "Bread and Circuses",
		   stardate 4040.7.

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ

--3uo+9/B/ebqu+fSQ--