[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: How to start installation on an IBM power5

Roberto Suarez Soto robe@allenta.com
Thu, 26 May 2005 18:24:46 +0200

	Another question that just popped into my mind O:-)

On May/26, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

> 32 bit kernels will never run these systems because the virtualization code is
> not present in these. If this is not initialized, everything is stuck.

	Does this mean that you need a ppc64 kernel, or that you need a
*pSeries* ppc64 kernel? Or, to say it in other way, does it mean that the
virtualization code needed is in every ppc64 Linux kernel, or just in the
pSeries version?

--
	Roberto Suarez Soto				Allenta Consulting
	robe@allenta.com				   www.allenta.com