[Debian-ppc64-devel] Debian Linux is running in a POWER5 IBM iSeries (i5) model 9406-520

David Gaya David Gaya <david.gaya@gmail.com>
Thu, 26 May 2005 21:08:51 +0200

Hi guys !!!
I have debian installed and running in a POWER5 IBM iSeries (i5) model
9406-520.
It is a partitioned system with 2 LPARs, first LPAR has OS400 version
V5R3 using all system hardware resources.
There is a second LPAR with a virtual scsi and a virtual ethernet
served from OS400, it is in this LPAR that I installed Debian linux.
I used debian-installer and debian package repository
(debian.gonicus.de) created by Cajus Pollmeier. But installation is a
bit tricky, I will post details.

Thanks very much for all your help.

David.