[Debian-ppc64-devel] is this port alife?

Harald Görl harald.goerl at rz.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Nov 4 13:22:14 UTC 2005

Sven Luther wrote:

> I think only the first one really need to be fully under control of debian
> folk.

Hi Sven,
looks perfectly ok for me right now.

> Ah, yeah, but how much of that bandwidth are we allowed to take over ? A full
> buildd needs to download/uploads loads of packages, and there may be other
> bandwidth using tasks Andreas has in ming.

Well, that is the difficult part of the answer ;-) Normally i would say,
just use as much as you need, if the usage is not completely senseless.

But i have to be very careful here ;-) So what do you think is the
aprox. bandwith usage? Just round about? MBytes/day?

> putting a 1000MBit/s switch on a total outgoing 155MBit/s connection may be
> overkill though :)

The switch is also for communication between the three machines. And the
155MBit/s ATM backbone IS FAST! (not as 155MBit/s Ethernet would be!)

Harald