[Debian-ppc64-devel] Dmesg of OpenPower 720 Express with kernel 2.6.12-1-powerpc64

Harald Görl harald.goerl at rz.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Sep 15 08:33:39 UTC 2005

Sven Luther wrote:

> Well, an example maybe : earlier, i reinstalled my powerbook after changing
> the harddisk. I put yaboot and a suitable yaboot.conf on my tftpserver, and
> booted the machine with :

I never tried this because i never didn't even think about this could
work! I will try it out.

Sorry, but i misunderstood the "word" netboot, because i always thought
about the netboot64 image, not a "real" tftp/netboot! Sorry.

However, as you wrote yesterday, the Debian iso images (at least for
powerpc 32 bit !!!) seem to be some kind of broken. And, i hope i'm
right at this point, there are no pre-created ppc64 Debian boot cd's
available?

Thanks again for the "-U" issue.

Harald