[Debian-ppc64-devel] Dmesg of OpenPower 720 Express with kernel 2.6.12-1-powerpc64

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 15 08:34:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:33:39AM +0200, Harald Görl wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> >Well, an example maybe : earlier, i reinstalled my powerbook after changing
> >the harddisk. I put yaboot and a suitable yaboot.conf on my tftpserver, and
> >booted the machine with :
>
> I never tried this because i never didn't even think about this could
> work! I will try it out.

Hehe, notice that yaboot cannot cope with :

  boot enet:x.x.x.x,\yaboot,x.x.x.x,x.x.x.x

Kind of calls, so you need dhcp.

> Sorry, but i misunderstood the "word" netboot, because i always thought
> about the netboot64 image, not a "real" tftp/netboot! Sorry.

np.

> However, as you wrote yesterday, the Debian iso images (at least for
> powerpc 32 bit !!!) seem to be some kind of broken. And, i hope i'm
> right at this point, there are no pre-created ppc64 Debian boot cd's
> available?

Well, upto the -U issue, all this should be fixed as soon as a new debian-cd
is uploaded and installed on the build machine. Need to check if using
--isolevel 2 will breaks things all over or something. I wonder if we can do
multi-session or somethign such isos, where the install and ppc parts are in
iso level 2, and the rest is normal.

> Thanks again for the "-U" issue.

Nope, you thanks for testing this out.

Friendly,