[Debian-ppc64-devel] ppc64 archive bloating alioth disk ...

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 20 11:05:44 UTC 2005

Hi Andreas,

I just got an irc ping from Raphael Hertzog, who was complaining about the
52GB bloat of the ppc64 archive on alioth, mentioning that alioth was not
meant for such stuff (basically forking the archive), and asked if we could
please put ressources usage to the strict minimum.

Could you do some cleanup, and possibly search for other hosting solution, or
let it all be and work together with us on the biarch setup and ppc64 rebuilds
of needed libraries and packages ? Start with those you are actually using, or
at least list those here, will be much easier that way.

Friendly,

Sven Luther