[Debian-ppc64-devel] x libraries and powerpc/ppc64 biarch setup.

Andreas Jochens aj at andaco.de
Fri Sep 23 12:56:23 UTC 2005

On 05-Sep-23 14:32, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:21:56PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > And yes, it was decided to use the name 'ppc64'. Following that
> > decision, this name was used by 'dpkg', 'apt', 'gcc-4.0' and
> > a lot of other packages.
>
> Bah. The past is the past, now is what counts.
>
> > Sven, please do not work against the ppc64 port by confusing people.
>
> You are the first one who started confusing people, doing the ppc64 stuff all
> in your corner with nil integration with the rest of debian. There is no way

Sven, please, you know that this is not true. Everything that has been
done for the ppc64 port so far has been announced and discussed on
on public Debian mailing lists and on the Debian BTS and you even took
part in those discussions.

This week there were very constructive discussions about setting up
a proper environment for the ppc64 port on one of the ppc64 machines
in Augsburg. I hope that these efforts will be successful.

Altogether, the ppc64 port seems to be in a pretty good shape with
already 95% of 'unstable' compiled.

If you want to do something different, please be specific, i.e. please
propose patches or set up a sample archive to demonstrate what exactly
you want to change.

Regards
Andreas Jochens