[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: ppc64 archive bloating alioth disk ...

Andreas Jochens aj at andaco.de
Fri Sep 23 13:05:52 UTC 2005

On 05-Sep-23 14:38, Sven Luther wrote:
> it all depends if multiarch is a etch release goal or not. Current discussion
> with the RMs tell me that multi arch is only a non-blocking etch release goal,
> which means if it is not ready in time, then there will be no ppc64 support at
> all, and no biarch fallback.

Multiarch will almost certainly not be supported in etch. A biarch
fallback solution for some core libraries would of course be nice,
but fear that it will not be easy to get this into etch either.

> And i don't see you working on multi-arch either.

No, I am not working on multiarch because I am mainly interested in
a clean 64-bit user space. However, the packages from the native ppc64
archive will be necessary for a multiarch approach for powerpc.

Regards
Andreas Jochens