[Debian-ppc64-devel] x libraries and powerpc/ppc64 biarch setup.

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 23 13:54:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 03:32:32PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> On 05-Sep-23 15:00, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:56:23PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > I was opposed to it from the start though, you remember that, right ?
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> However, despite the fact that you do not seem to like the idea
> of a 64 bit user space at all, you did a lot of work on the kernel,
> the toolchain and other packages that helped the native ppc64 project.
>
> Our discussions may look a bit controverse, but I think that our
> different goals do not conflict with each other in the end.

Indeed, i wanted to say, that i am indeed opposed to it, at least in the
current state and the etch timeframe, but you do your stuff, so the more power
to you. And it was me who suggested to bastian and the augsbourg people that
they would be a better host to your work than alioth.

Still, my immediate goal is the best ppc64 support in etch that we can
achieve.

(and btw, i may have posted about in favour of ppc64 in the paste, but
powerpc64 is indeed what looks best :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther