[Debian-ppc64-devel] debootstrap

Andreas Jochens aj at andaco.de
Mon Jan 2 12:18:46 UTC 2006

On 06-Jan-02 00:54, Guillaume Libersat wrote:
> As written in the doc, I tried to deboostrap a 64bits chroot, but it
> didn't worked because of a missing dist/ directory.
>
> Is there an alternative way to deboostrap ? Or, how can I fix this ?

Hello,

thank you for trying the debian-ppc64 archive and for reporting the
missing 'dists' directory. This problem should be fixed now, i.e.
you should get a working 64-bit ppc64 chroot using the command

debootstrap --arch ppc64 sid ppc64.chroot \
 http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4

from a standard 32-bit Debian powerpc 'unstable' environment. You
may get some warnings during the debootstrap process but the resulting
ppc64 chroot should work fine.

Currently there is no other easy way to get a native 64-bit environment,
but I hope to make the debian-installer work for ppc64 soon.

Regards
Andreas Jochens