[Debian-ppc64-devel] debootstrap

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 2 14:26:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 01:18:46PM +0100, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> On 06-Jan-02 00:54, Guillaume Libersat wrote:
> > As written in the doc, I tried to deboostrap a 64bits chroot, but it
> > didn't worked because of a missing dist/ directory.
> >
> > Is there an alternative way to deboostrap ? Or, how can I fix this ?
>
> Hello,
>
> thank you for trying the debian-ppc64 archive and for reporting the
> missing 'dists' directory. This problem should be fixed now, i.e.
> you should get a working 64-bit ppc64 chroot using the command

Andreas, ...

What did ever happen of your move of the archive to the augsbourg machines ?

Also, it has been decided to try for a multi-arch setup for etch, and i will
be looking into this together with some others during this month and next.
Once the basic setup is there, would you be willing to participate in that
effort, and later merge the pure64 effort into it, or still prefer to maintain
a separate solution ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther