[Debian-ppc64-devel] Etch on ppc64

Vincent Deffontaines vincent.deffontaines at inl.fr
Thu Apr 12 14:34:34 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I am wondering about the state of etch on the ppc64 architecture.
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/ used to mention "An inofficial
release of Debian 'etch' for ppc64 is planned. It will be available from
the debian-ppc64 archive as soon as the official Debian 'etch' is released."

Now that etch is out, that sentence has disapeared from the given URL ;)

The "stable" repository at http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/ seems
a bit "tainted" with testing packages (which is fine with me), but this
seems to raise deep dependency problems.

A very concrete example that I am having : I need to install nufw,
nuauth, nuauth-log-mysql in version 2.0.
Those packages are not part of etch, though nuauth 2.0.16 (from testing)
is raised (in place of 1.0.23, as in etch) when i apt-get install it.

That's just fine with me as is, but the "nuauth-log-mysql" package is
only available in version 1.0.23. This of course raises a major
dependency/compatibility problem.

I then tried to generate debian packages for nufw 2.0 from sources.
I am having dependency problems with libgnutls-dev (won't install) as
well as other packages :

Very specifically for libgnutls-dev, I have :
libgnutls-dev: Depends: libgcrypt11-dev (>= 1.2.2) but it is not going
to be installed

libgcrypt11-dev: Depends: libgpg-error-dev but it is not going to be
installed

libgpg-error-dev: Depends: libgpg-error0 (= 1.4-1) but 1.4-2 is to be
installed

Can anyone point me to either :
- a repository more "consistant" than "deb
http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org stable main"
- or simply a method to solve my dependencies/consistency problems.

I have a side question : the build log
(http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/buildd-logs/) mentions that
nuauth-log-mysql build went fine on ppc64. Though the package is not
available in the repository, while nuauth itself (built from the same
sources package) is available. Why is that? Can anyone maybe push the
other 2.0.16 packages into the repository, for the sake of consistency?

I am perfectly aware the etch version of ppc64 is inofficial, just
trying to get things done nicely here :)

Thanks,

Vincent

PS : please Cc: me in reply, as I am not subscribed to this ML.