[Debian-ppc64-devel] G5 install tips - autobuilder?

Andreas Jochens aj at andaco.de
Thu Nov 8 07:47:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 10:22:39AM +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2007 12:36 AM, Chuck <iMacG5 at disposeamail.com> wrote:
> > A better answer would have been: "The doc is wrong so we're taking it
> > down."  Fine about "regular" docs - good for them - take down the bad
> > one.
>
> You don't get it. We (at least me) have no access to the main website.
> Hence the comments about nobody caring to fix things.

sorry for answering so late to this thread. I was travelling during the
last few days.

The autobuilder section of the ppc64 port page was indeed wrong.
I just updated that page with a short explanation of the current
situation.

Basically, my only ppc64 machine is down because of problems with the
hard disk. I will probably have to reinstall that machine from scratch
using a new hard disk. The single autobuilder for the ppc64 port was
running on that machine.

It would be nice if somebody else with a ppc64 machine would volunteer
to set up and run an autobuilder for ppc64.

Any help to keep the ppc64 port up to date would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Andreas Jochens