[Debian-ppc64-devel] Openpower 710 Installation

Etienne Le Sueur etiennes at gelato.unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 06:21:37 UTC 2008

OK,

I've done some more fiddling...

I found some recovery DVD images for the HMC on IBM's website, and
followed some notes on a pseriestech.org
forum post about tricking the installer into thinking it was being used
on IBM hardware.

The result is a working HMC on a dell optiplex.

I did manage to get debian-ppc64 installed and running on this machine,
but it's not letting me add any more
LPARs.

I guess this is because the licensing isn't set up to allow this. Am I
correct in this assumption?

Does anyone know why a particular machine would not be capable of CoD ?

--
Regards,
Etienne Le Sueur